We are all excited when we are packing for our trip to the Lake, so it is easy to forget some of the staple items like sunscreen. To make sure you don't forget anything. Write a list down ahead of time and pack everything you need the night before, including your cooler for food and drinks. Freezing water bottles ahead of time helps keep the cooler cold and doubles as drinking water as they cool down.
2. Stay Hydrated
In order to fully enjoy your time out on the Lake, you need to stay hydrated. This is a simple tip that people often forget. When you are out on the boat having fun, the last thing you are thinking about is drinking enough water. Figure out how much water you think you will need to stay hydrated and make sure they are in a visible spot, so you remember to drink them.
Safety is the key to having a good time out on the water. Because Labor Day Weekend is a popular time to go boating, there will be many people out on the water, so make sure you are extra cautious. To help you be safe, have a designated driver for your watercraft. Drinking alcohol impairs your judgment, balance, vision and coordination, which increases the chance of getting into an accident. In the case of an emergency, it is a good idea to keep a dry bag that has an emergency kit that includes a cell phone, first aid kit, flares and a map.
Before heading out onto the lake there are a few things you should do to ensure your boat is in proper working condition, including:
- Check fuel levels. If you need more, come on our to Surdyke's Port 20 on the 20MM!
- Ensure all your lights are working properly, especially if you are staying out late to watch the fireworks.
- In addition to checking your lights, check for any electrical issues.
- Check engine for leaks, excess water and heavy odors, which could all be signs of a serious issue.
- It is a good idea to run the blowers before starting your engine to evacuate fumes and vapors from the bilge.
- Attach your keys to a floating bobber, just in case they decide to go for a swim.
- Share your plans with family or friends, including where you are going and when you .
Happy Labor Day Weekend from Surdyke Yamaha!
Lake of the Ozarks' best watercraft dealer is here for all your boating gear to make your Labor Day Weekend unforgettable. If you are out on the water and needing more fuel, don't forget to stop by Surdyke's Port 20. Surdyke Yamaha wishes everyone a safe and happy holiday weekend!
Highway Store Location Marina Store Location Surdyke's Port 20
5863 Osage Beach Parkway 1660 Yamaha Drive 5395 Spruce Lane
Osage Beach, MO 65065 Osage Beach, MO 65065 Osage Beach, MO 65065
(573) 348-6575 (573) 348-9283 (573) 348-3178